Bicyclists have to deal with difficult situations sometimes. I was pondering about some of the recent developments in Chipseal's case and I could not help wonder how the Gandhi would have reacted. So, I decided to look for some of his famous quotes. Here are some that I could find:
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi who was born on October 2, 1869, died as the Mahatma on January 30, 1948. The man who came to be regarded as the symbol of independent India was greatly revered by his own countrymen. Indians came to call him Mahatma or "the Great Soul." A large number of famous Gandhi quotes contain so much wisdom that they have gained immortality. These famous Gandhi quotes reveal the wisdom of this great man.
- Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
- Whenever you are confronted with an opponent, conquer him with love.
- A 'No' uttered from the deepest conviction is better than a 'Yes' merely uttered to please, or worse, to avoid trouble.
- A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.
- A religion that takes no account of practical affairs and does not help to solve them is no religion.
- Adaptability is not imitation. It means power of resistance and assimilation.
- Anger and intolerance are the twin enemies of correct understanding.
- You can chain me, you can torture me, you can even destroy this body, but you will never imprison my mind.
- Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart.
- It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence.
- Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.
- The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.
- An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
- Hate the sin, love the sinner.
- I want freedom for the full expression of my personality.
- Victory attained by violence is tantamount to a defeat, for it is momentary.
- Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
- Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
- Permanent good can never be the outcome of untruth and violence.