Here are some of my observations:
- Riding in 20+ mph wind is not as easy as it might seem from inside the house.
- Riding 50 miles on an expedition touring bike, while it is fun, is a bit of a workout, especially for those soft in the middle :)
- Rohloff were serious about giving the rider all the gear ratio gain advantage possible. I climbed hills on which I would huff and puff like Big Bad Wolf, relatively easily. No, the MK2 bike ain't light compared to Gikma.
- Starbucks Pike Place coffee is pretty good, especially if you drink it black and no sugar/sweetener.
- Wind can mess-up your beard, especially if you wear it long :)