Recently, my great wife taught me how to make Tofu Sticks, which are a great replacement for Cheese Bread Sticks, at least in terms of fat content.
This is how we make them:
2 blocks of extra-firm, high protein tofu, cut into 1" wide strips
- squeeze Tofu blocks between paper towels before cutting and remove the excess waterHot sauce - I use Sriracha brand
Fresh-ground black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Line two baking pans with parchment paper
- Place Tofu strips on the pans, leave some gap between adjacent pieces
- Apply some hotsauce to the Tofu strips
- Sprinkle fresh-ground black pepper on the strips. I was very generous with the black pepper!
- Bake for about 20 minutes
- Remove from the oven
- Apply hot sauce and black pepper to the other side of the Tofu strips
- Bake for another 20 minutes or until crispy-enough for you
Bon appetit' :)
PS. Don't go to town with the hot sauce - it can get very spicy! But some like it HOT!