- A description of the incident
- The location of the incident
- Time of the incident
- Route # of the DART bus
- Bus # of the bus DART Vader operating
I was told that a the incident would be reported to the particular region to which the driver belonged (depending on the route #) and that the CSR (Customer Service Representative) would call me back on/before Nov. 14th regarding the outcome of the investigation. However, the CSR went on to add that I may not be let know the actual disciplinary action taken against the operator by the CSR and that I would have to contact the Legal Department, if I needed that information. I was provided a reference number.
I wasn't expecting a callback from DART until next week or so, but surprisingly enough, I got a call back from DART today. I was informed that:
- Corrective action has been taken by DART
- The operator has been "advised" that his/her behavior was unacceptable and that it will not be tolerated
- A Field Supervisor has been assigned to the case and this Field Supervisor will ride on the bus to make sure that the operator behaves like he/she is supposed to behave
- Mystery Riders may also be added to the bus(es) that the operator drives
- It has been made clear to the operator that any such a behavior in the future will be dealt with very strict disciplinary action
The most amusing thing I learned from DART is that DART Vader is a female. Actually, for some weird, possibly irrational reason, it bugs me...