Here is my secret to layering. Layer one: Wool buff!
Ask anyone from colder climates and they will tell you it is best to layer clothing. I think the same is true for winter headgear as well. Layers keep you warmer!
Layer 2: Balaclava on top of the wool buff!
With the helmet on, I am ready to rock and roll!
Here are some benefits:
- Keep one's head warm during cold days
- Use as a sweat band
- Use as a head cover, more like a bandana
- Use as a scarf around the neck
- Use as a hairband, if you have a ponytail
- Buff is great for all seasons
Here is a picture of my other buff! Worn on the way to the Cycling Savvy class this summer.