So, I broke down and bought myself a new rain jacket and a pair of rain pants, earlier this year. I contemplated if I should buy a Showers Pass Touring jacket and their rain pants, but I finally decided against them. I did not consider other brands. Instead of Showers Pass, I bought Endura.
Original tags from the purchase: I have known this type of picture alone to boost blog traffic by about 500% :)
The Endura Luminite Jacket has some really nice features*:
What good are rain jackets without rain pants, right? :)
Next up, the really nicely made Endura Gridlock Overtrousers.
Like the Luminite jacket, these overtrousers also have some fantastic features*:
- Twin zip pockets, stud and zip fly
- Extended length ankle zips
- Popper leg length adjustment
- Durable inner ankle panels, ankle gusset
- Reflective elements visible through 360
- Waterproofness: 5,000mm
- Breathability: 5,000gms
My observations on the Luminite jacket
- The Luminite jacket is very well made. I love it. I particularly like the very visible neon green.
- The only gripe I have, if any, is that the pit zips on the Luminite jacket are a bit hard to pull. But, that might change with use.
- I find the built-in blinky in the Luminite jacket very useful. It might be great for someone who does not have a lot of rear red lights on his/her bike. For me, it is another rear red light. I am glad it is there, but I would not have minded not having it.
- The Luminite jacket is a tad warm. I don't worry about getting soaked too much, when it is warm. It is the rain during the colder months that I don't care to get drenched in. Given that, this jacket is a great one to have.
- The trousers have many a feature that let the pants breathe. But, these are better suited for rainy and colder day. I will use these with or without rain, during winter.
- I am certain that the overtrousers will work fine, over any pants or shorts. In particular, I think they would be great over a pair of jeans or khakis, if you like commuting in your street clothes. Moreover, they will also keep the grime off your clothes.
- The Gridlock overtrousers are also great for use in field on snowy days. While snowy days are relatively scarce in my current city, I bet I can find some use for these pants, during travel, especially during long hours in the field photographing.
I am quite happy with my purchase so far.
I will post more about these products, should I find any data worth sharing.
* courtesy of Endurasport.com