Rose Milk is a very simple, but delicious drink. You make Rose Milk by adding Rose Essence, sugar and rose color to milk and serve it chilled. It is a delightful drink on a warm summer day.
Whereas Rose Milk might be fine for many a people, it is not so great for more than one reason:
- Tons of sugar; some from milk and then some more from the added sugar
- Albeit food coloring, still an additive
- Possible RGBH and other harmonies pumped into milk cows (of course, you can buy milk without these things)
Here is my recipe:
- Add unsweetened Almond milk and a few ice cubes to a blender
- Add two droppers of Stevia
- Add 1 Tbsp of Rose Water (not Rose Essence)
- Add 2 ripe strawberries
- Blend and enjoy!
The strawberries give it the rose color, without the additives. The artificial food coloring, if added, will produce a very pink Rose Milk. I think I will go with the light pink.
It goes without my saying that it is very important to clean the strawberries thoroughly. Organic produce is a plus.
Today, the official temp was in 102 or so degrees Fahrenheit. It is that time of the year, I reckon :)
Stay cool and have lots of fun!
Bon appétit :)