Sautéed Onion Pachidi is a delicious dip from Southern India. It is often served with a complete meal and sometimes also with nan or chapathi.
- Splutter 1 Tsp of mustard seeds in 1 Tbsp of Sesame oil; in a pan
- Sauté 2 cups of chopped onions with some Garam Masala in the same pan
- Add 1 Tsp of chopped ginger to 2 cups of yogurt
- Add the contents of pan, the sautéed onions to the yogurt and mix evenly
- Add cilantro for garnish and add salt to taste
The Sauteed Onion Pachidi is a great addition to most Indian meals. It will also work as a 'spicy' onion dip for parties. Can be served with cooked rice, pita, nan, etc.